Do you want to sell your collection of anime, manga, Lolita clothes, J-rock/J-pop CDs, urban vinyl or anything that’s related to Asian pop culture? Sell your collectibles at our Swap Meet!
Swap Meet Basic Information
The PMX Swap Meet will be located in the Glendale Grand Ballroom 4. It will be open on Saturday, October 27 from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m. Setup begins sixty (60) minutes prior to opening, and teardown lasts thirty (30) minutes after closing. The room will be available to swap meet participants from 6 p.m. until midnight.
A total of twenty-five (25) spaces will be available for sale. Each space is a 5-foot-by-5-foot area marked on the floor. Swap meet participants may purchase up to two (2) spaces. Chairs are available for use. Standard pricing for spaces purchased online prior to the start of the convention is as follows: a space (5 x 5 feet) costs $25. In the event there are unsold spaces or no-shows at the convention, spaces may be sold on-site at a premium ($40 per space).
Instructions for purchasing spaces are below after the terms and conditions for participants. Please note that you must agree to these terms in order to purchase a space and to check-in at the time and location of the event.
- Check in with Dealers Room staff throughout Saturday, October 27 in Glendale Grand Ballroom 5-8 between 12 p.m. and 6 p.m.
- Fill out the Swap Meet Vendor form (available on site).
- Submit payment (if you haven’t pre-paid).
- Pick your spot(s).
Terms and Conditions for Swap Meet Participants
You agree to the following when participating in the Swap Meet
- You are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have read and understand the Basic Information section above and the remaining Terms and Conditions below.
- Purpose of Swap Meet: The Swap Meet is intended for the sale of used, pre-purchased items personally owned by the vendors or their friends and family. It is not a discount alternative for the Dealers Room or Artists Market. At least 80% of what is sold in your space must have been personally owned and not made by you or held as business inventory. The sale of second-hand art commissions or previously used cosplay items is acceptable. All products brought into the Swap Meet will be inspected, and all items that are in violation of these rules will not be permitted into the Swap Meet.
- Seller’s Permit: You are responsible for your own Seller’s permit arrangements with the State of California, if necessary. See the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) website or call them at (800) 400-7115 for more information. If you are selling less than two (2) times a year, you may be exempt.
- Weapons: The sale or trade of weapons or dangerous materials such as fireworks or flammables is prohibited.
- Bootleg / Counterfeit goods: The sale or trade of unlicensed, bootleg, or counterfeit goods is not allowed (e.g., SM, Ever Anime, Aliors, Elfin, fansubs). If the item is on a burned CD or DVD, it is considered a bootleg. However, the sale and trade of doujin goods (comics, shitajiki, cards, or stationary) is allowed. In general, any item that is an infringement of copyright law is prohibited.
- Adult Material: Please note that PMX is a family-friendly event and the display of goods must be suitable for a general audience (i.e., G-rated). Adult material is permissible if stored away from public view (signage indicating that you have it available is fine) and only shown to buyers whose age you (the seller) have verified. The sale, trade, or showing of adult materials to anyone under eighteen (18) years old is a crime, and if you are caught selling or showing adult material to a minor, you will be evicted from the event and turned over to the authorities.
- Space Amenities: Chairs are available for use. A maximum of two people may be in each participant’s space. You may not bring your own tables to the swap meet. No electricity or Internet is provided. Please keep your area clean.
- Space Assignments: The location of your space is not pre-assigned and will be decided first-come-first-serve during check-in.
- Setup and Teardown: Vendors may access the room sixty (60) minutes before the main selling hours. You may use a hand-truck or cart to move your materials. Teardown is thirty (30) minutes. At the close of the Swap Meet, all vendors must clear out their belongings. No storage of items will be allowed as the room is used for another function outside the Swap Meet hours.
- Payments and Warranties: Both currency payment and bartering of items is permitted and is up to the discretion of the participants in the transaction. PMX, its staff, and/or the hotel are not legally responsible for the product’s condition or stated condition. All transactions are between the seller and buyer. Sellers have the right to refuse a sale or barter with anyone.
- Disputes and Enforcement: Any questions regarding the implementation or interpretation of the PMX Swap Meet policies are subject to the final discretion of the PMX Swap Meet staff. Any instructions given by the PMX Swap Meet staff to enforce these rules, the rules or policies of the hotel, and any applicable law must be followed immediately. PMX reserves the right to refuse access to anyone and to revoke PMX Member badges if necessary.
Replica weapons must be inspected by PMX Swap Meet staff or PMX Security staff and peace bonded.
Please note that a valid PMX membership is required to purchase a space at the Swap Meet.
In order to purchase a space in the Swap Meet, first make sure you are registered for the convention and then use the Eventbrite ticketing system to purchase your space(s). Only paid memberships will be accepted into the Swap Meet. Spaces are sold out! See our Registration page for more information. If the spaces sell out, you can reserve a spot on the waiting list using the same interface.