Volunteer a few hours a day for a refund on your Membership Badge fees! You can help make PMX happen.
Pacific Media Expo (PMX) has two types of volunteers — “All-Convention” and “One-Day” volunteers. Each type of volunteer has different benefits and responsibilities. In your assignments, you’ll get to see what it takes to put together an annual fan convention and view the behind-the-scenes workings of PMX, and you’re free to enjoy the convention when you’re not on duty.
- All-Convention Volunteers must pre-register and be approved by Volunteers Department Manager.
- Responsibilities: All-Con volunteers agree to fulfill a minimum of 12 hours of volunteer work during Pacific Media Expo, which may include the day before (“setup”).
- Refund of membership fees after the convention.
- Limited amount of sleeping space. Volunteers must be pre-approved and space is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Hurry! Space is limited.
- One-Day volunteers do NOT need to pre-register. Instead, you may show up to the volunteer room with the completed PMX 2018 Volunteer Form as well as payment for a One-Day Membership. One-Day volunteers may also roll their payment over to other days and volunteer for multiple days of the convention. This plan is ideal for those who have already made arrangements for sleeping space at the convention.
- Responsibilities: One-Day volunteers agree to fulfill a minimum of 4 hours of volunteer work.
- Refund of One-Day membership fees after the convention.
- There are NO crash space benefits.
What does volunteering entail?
Volunteers are assigned two-hour shifts during the agreed work period. By varying the type of assignments, volunteers can learn about different aspects of the convention. By focusing on a particular department, volunteers can build relationships and gain valuable experience and skills necessary to staff in future years. When not working their shifts, volunteers are encouraged to enjoy the convention.
All volunteers must be 16 years of age or older. Volunteers under the age of 18 must have a completed and signed Parental Consent form.
For more information, e-mail us!
REMINDER: You must purchase a badge prior to volunteering. No exceptions.