The Pacific Media Expo (PMX) Artists Market is a feast for the eyes, ears and mind — welcoming artists specializing in all forms of media. Creativity knows no bounds as artists, writers, musicians, and anyone who has felt the muse’s touch will showcase their works in the Artists Market. Come feed your senses and feel inspired by the range and versatility of art!
Due to the limited amount of space in the PMX Artists Market, applications must be evaluated. If your application is approved, PMX Artists Market staff will contact you for more information and to complete the PMX Artists Market agreement.
- All applicants must fill out an application form. A link to a portfolio must be included in the application form.
- If a portfolio does not meet the guidelines (or is not included in application) the application will be void.
- Portfolios must contain a minimum of five (5) images, with a maximum of ten (10) images. It is highly suggested to include a mix of both original and fan art.
- If your portfolio contains images of art/goods that will be sold at con, please label them with “CON”. It is highly suggested that at least two (2) images that are submitted be of what you will be selling at con.
- Heavily pixelated or otherwise low res images will not be accepted.
- All portfolio images must be accurately representative of your own work.
- If you are applying for a table with another artist/crafter, please submit one portfolio per artist.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance in rounds. It is highly suggested that applicants sign up for the waitlist in case more space becomes available as the convention nears.
Apply for the PMX Artists Market here.
All Artists participating in the Pacific Media Expo Artists Market are expected to adhere to the following guidelines. Failure to comply can result in removal of the participant from the Artists Market.
- Artists Market is for independent artists and crafters only.
- Each half table includes one (1) full membership badge. Additional badges will have to be purchased separately.
- Each participant is limited to two (2) half-table spaces, or one (1) full-table space.
- All art/goods being sold at the Artists Market must be originally produced/drawn by the participant.
- All art/goods being sold at the Artists Market must include at least 20% original art.
- All pieces that are NSFW, or contain controversial subject matter, must be kept covered and separate during con (Ex. in a binder), with access limited only to persons age 18 or over.
- All participants of Artists Market must be at least 16 years old. All participants under the age of 18 must acquire written permission from a legal guardian/parent in order to participate in Artists Market.
- All participants selling in Artists Market must submit a filled out and signed copy of the PMX Artists Market agreement.
- All participants selling in Artists Market must submit a physical copy of their temporary seller’s or seller’s permit upon check in. To obtain a Seller’s Permit, visit the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) website or call them at (800) 400-7115.
- If the participant is a minor under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian of the participant must be on the seller’s permit.
- Failure to submit both a filled out and signed copy of the Pacific Media Expo Artist Market agreement, and a physical copy of either a temporary seller’s or seller’s permit, will result in the forfeiture of the accepted artist/crafter’s table. No Refunds will be given.
- All payments and cancellations must be made by September 20, 2019. No refunds will be given for cancellations made past September 20, 2019. Payments not paid in full by September 20, 2019 will result in cancellation and forfeiture of table space.
- We reserve the right to cancel a participant’s purchase for any reason. The participant will receive a full refund for such a cancellation.
- Tables will be assigned about a month before the convention.
Contact PMX Artists Market Staff
If you have any questions, please contact our Artists Market Staff.