Please note that a valid paid PMX membership is required to purchase a space at the Swap Meet. In order to purchase a space in the Swap Meet, first make sure you are registered for the convention and then use the Eventbrite ticketing system to purchase your space(s). Only paid memberships will be accepted into the Swap Meet. Complimentary (industry, guests, etc.) memberships do not qualify for the Swap Meet.
More information regarding swap meet registration coming soon.
You agree to the following when participating in the Swap Meet
- You are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have read and understand the Basic Information section above and the remaining Terms and Conditions below.
- Purpose of Swap Meet: The Swap Meet is intended for the sale of used, pre-purchased items personally owned by the vendors or their friends and family. It is not a discount alternative for the Dealers Room or Artists Market. At least 80% of what is sold in your space must have been personally owned and not made by you or held as business inventory. The sale of second-hand art commissions or previously used cosplay items is acceptable. All products brought into the Swap Meet will be inspected, and all items that are in violation of these rules will not be permitted into the Swap Meet.
- Seller’s Permit: You are responsible for your own Seller’s permit arrangements with the State of California, if necessary. See the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) website or call them at (800) 400-7115 for more information. If you are selling less than two (2) times a year, you may be exempt.
- Weapons: The sale or trade of weapons or dangerous materials such as fireworks or flammables is prohibited. Replica weapons must be inspected by PMX Swap Meet staff or PMX Security staff and peace bonded.
- Bootleg / Counterfeit goods: The sale or trade of unlicensed, bootleg, or counterfeit goods is not allowed (e.g., SM, Ever Anime, Aliors, Elfin, fansubs). If the item is on a burned CD or DVD, it is considered a bootleg. However, the sale and trade of doujin goods (comics, shitajiki, cards, or stationary) is allowed. In general, any item that is an infringement of copyright law is prohibited.
- Adult Material: Please note that PMX is a family-friendly event and the display of goods must be suitable for a general audience (i.e., G-rated). Adult material is permissible if stored away from public view (signage indicating that you have it available is fine) and only shown to buyers whose age you (the seller) have verified. The sale, trade, or showing of adult materials to anyone under eighteen (18) years old is a crime, and if you are caught selling or showing adult material to a minor, you will be evicted from the event and turned over to the authorities.
- Space Amenities: Chairs are available for use. No electricity or Internet is provided. Please keep your area clean.
- Space Assignments: The location of your space is not pre-assigned and will be decided first-come-first-serve during check-in.
- Setup and Teardown: Vendors may access the room sixty (60) minutes before the main selling hours. You may use a hand-truck or cart to move your materials. Teardown is thirty (30) minutes. At the close of the Swap Meet, all vendors must clear out their belongings. No storage of items will be allowed as the room is used for another function outside the Swap Meet hours.
- Payments and Warranties: Both currency payment and bartering of items is permitted and is up to the discretion of the participants in the transaction. PMX, its staff, and/or the hotel are not legally responsible for the product’s condition or stated condition. All transactions are between the seller and buyer. Sellers have the right to refuse a sale or barter with anyone.
- Disputes and Enforcement: Any questions regarding the implementation or interpretation of the PMX Swap Meet policies are subject to the final discretion of the PMX Swap Meet staff. Any instructions given by the PMX Swap Meet staff to enforce these rules, the rules or policies of the hotel, and any applicable law must be followed immediately. PMX reserves the right to refuse access to anyone and to revoke PMX Member badges if necessary.
- Non-Appearance: If you do not show up to claim your space 15 minutes prior to the room opening to the public, your fee will be forfeited and PMX has the right to reallocate your space.
If you would like to contact Pacific Media Expo or Pacific Media Association by mail, you may address your letter to:
Pacific Media Association
1107 Fair Oaks Ave., Suite 168
South Pasadena, CA 91030
Dates & Location
November 21-22, 2020
Pasadena Convention Center, Conference Center
300 East Green St
Pasadena, CA 91101