Anime Music Video (AMV) Contest
The PMX AMV Contest is BACK after 3 years! We’ve undergone a lot of changes over the past few years and been steadily hosting online conventions, so the past two years were difficult to truly host an AMV contest properly. This year we’re super excited to bring this contest back!
Questions/Concerns – email@example.com
Submission Deadline is September 21st, 2022 at 11:59pm PST
Here are some quick rules to keep in mind:
Maximum of 3 entries per person (You can only enter one video per category).
Length: Please have your AMV submission be under 5 minutes 30 seconds and longer than 30 seconds. You’re free to submit a longer video or shorter one but I ensure you it’ll be judged harder.
- Multi-Editor projects are allowed. But if you are submitting one note it counts as one of your max entries for both of you.
- No intros, conclusions, or self identifiers in your submission.
- No studio trademark logos.
- No subtitles unless added in by the creator for creative purposes.
- Content must be appropriate for at least an age 13+ audience.
- The content must be mostly anime related content. Any content not seen as such is subject to judging. Btw I’ll take Avatar, but be mindful.
- Freshness rule: Your AMV must be published after November 11th, 2019 to be allowed.
- We recommend using mp4 or mkv file formats. Submitting in .avi, .mpg, .mov formats is acceptable but not recommended. Any other format will not be accepted unless given specific approval directly. I’ll at least test them all to make sure I could run it. If issues come up I will contact you.
- We recommend AVC/H.264 codecs.
- Recommended file size is 500 MB. We reserve the right to reject your submission if it’s too large.
- Acceptable frame sizes are 23.976, 24,25,29.97, and 30.
- Video resolution should be either 1280×720 or 1920×1080
Our categories for this year are as follows:
As normal, we will provide the following awards:
- Best of Category
- Best of Show
- Judge’s Choice
- Editor’s Choice
We have some ideas we would love to try out within reason, so make sure to follow this post for any updates! I will be making sure that I get back to everybody who has questions as soon as possible.